Version 2.84a, released 31-Dec-2013
1. Imported Movements form: TP Filter box is renamed to 2nd Filter and the following special filters have been added: "Slave movements", "Import Codes excluding NM (no match)", "Rejections/Corrections", "Tagged", "Issue & Dehire movements", "Transfer Off movements", "Transfer On movements not requested", and "Copies requested". The order of filters correspond to the recommended strategy for working through the imported movements.
2. Movements form: Various special filters added to the 2nd Filter box, including 'Duplicate Docket Numbers'. The new filter 'Old Unprocessed Rejections & Corrections' includes original movements so the rej/corr notifications can be re-sent without having to change the filtering. The same applies to the 'Unsent Rejections & Corrections' filter. Filters for old unprocessed transfers exclude current movements, which are those dated later than the most recent bill for the corresponding equipment item. The special filters have also been moved to the top of the list and are re-sorted into a logical order of use. Thanks to Belinda Field @ Woolworths for this suggestion.
3. Bills form: 2nd Filter box added to this form with special filters "(All bills)", "Zero bills", "Unreconciled quantities", and "Unreconciled anything".
4. TP Accounts form: 2nd Filter box added to this form with special filters "Invalid Account Numbers" and "Duplicate Account Numbers".
5. Docket reports: A setting has been added to the Movements Customise form to 'print dockets in black & white'. This provides a financial saving to those that pay for printing by the page, as colour printing is more expensive than black & white. Thanks to Vicki Harris @ Toll Customised Solutions for this suggestion.
6. Movements form: The shortcut key Control+r has been added to automatically create a redeeming transfer. The new movement is for the 3rd Party of the last movement entered. When a transport company uses con note tracing it is time-consuming to enter separate movements for each consignment note on a consolidated delivery to a retailer. Now it is much more efficient, i.e. key the first con note, then use Control+n for subsequent con note lines, then Control+r to create the transfer.
7. Movements form: For non-normal movements, the bill date of its original movement is now displayed in the grid. It enables determining if unprocessed rej/corr is still within the cut-off limit for sending to the supplier. Thanks to Deanne Rushworth @ Woolworths for this suggestion.
8. General: Handle CHEP South-east Asia switching to SAP. Docket numbers, account numbers and export/import formats all changed. This happened on 7-Oct-2013 and was supported with an early release of 2ic Pallets for affected customers. Thanks to Bruce Abdul-Rauf and Ben Shields @ CHEP for assistance.
9. Reconciliation report: Stocktake counts are now able to be displayed on the report. The option provides a breakdown of location stocktakes and is available when the stocktake date is the same as the report date. Thanks to Darran Largey @ Toll IPEC for this suggestion.
10. Main Customise form: 'Automatically update stock levels' option provided. Previously trading partner and equipment balances were updated automatically but switching this off improves performance. Recalculating a trading partner balance on demand is provided in the Movements or Imported Movements form by pressing the 'F7' shortcut key. The equipment balance for the currently selected trading partner is displayed in the status bar. Thanks to Vicky Thomas @ Toll IPEC for this suggestion.
11. General: Software licencing changed from requiring a licence number for each installation of 2ic Pallets to requiring one for each location in the Trading Partners form. This simplifies software licencing and streamlines renewals. The Trading Partners form now has buttons for requesting licence numbers and importing licence numbers.
12. Imported Movements form: 'Request copy' emails can now be sent to the supplier, in addition to the current options of sending to the other TP and/or the linked location. The new option suits South-east Asia where pallet companies typically investigate missing dockets for their customers. Thanks to Thidarat (Yinn) Chinprahas @ CHEP Thailand and Phattharada (Taa) Kraikhum @ Loscam Thailand for this suggestion.
13. Trading Partners form: The shortcut key F5 can now be used to generate a TP code for new and existing records.
14. Trading Partners form: The processing cut-off for all suppliers with 3 or 6 months has been change to 90 and 180 days respectively. The rej/corr cut-off for all suppliers with 1 month has been change to 28 days. This is more accurate and in line with supplier rules, in particular CHEP South-east Asia and Loscam.
15. Movements & Import Data forms: Fees in the Customise form now include a 'Movement Fee' field. CHEP UK/IE apply a movement fee to some transactions that is not included with other fees in the pGTL import file. This setting allows identifying when it applies and automatically adding to other fees when importing a CHEP bill.
16. Import Data form: After importing a file it can now be copied to a different folder. This is in addition to moving the imported file. Copying allows local files to be saved to the cloud server for easier re-importing, while still moving them to an 'Imported' folder on the local machine or network. This applies to all import file types, not just movement files. Thanks to Sharon Arnott @ Toll Contract Logistics for this suggestion.
17. Import Data form: Importing of 'CEVA Logistics' files has been fixed, now that they have changed to 'CHEP Pallecon Solutions'. Thanks to Nicole Blake @ Manildra for this suggestion.
18. Import Data form: When importing CHEP Australia invoices, treat the variants of Aldi "Gen 3 Crate" as the same equipment item. The different size crates are issued separately but are not differentiated from each other when transferring. Thanks to Kim McKertish @ Holman Fresh for this suggestion.
19. Import Data form: When importing CHEP ZE9D files (used in South-east Asia), it offers to update the TP Accounts record when trading terms do not match. This has been improved so trading terms can still be updated even when a profile has been assigned to the corresponding TP Accounts record.
20. Redeeming: A new setting in the Movements Customise form allows selecting 'location redeeming'. If this is selected and a data file location is specified in the Main Customise form (common for slave data files), only 3rd parties with this location as their internal trading partner have their movements ticked for redeeming. This allows having identical TP Accounts (with Redeem Exchanges ticked) in the master and all slave data files, making it easier to maintain trading partners. It sets the redeeming fields for keyed, scanned, accepted and imported movements. Thanks to Kerry Smith @ Northline for this suggestion.
21. Export Data form: 'Yesterday' added as an option for the default date for new exports. Allows exporting every day while holding back the most current records. This provides for 24 hours to fix errors before exporting. Thanks to Malcolm Allchin @ Initial Impact Consulting for this suggestion.
22. Export Data form: For CHEP exports, exclude movements with effective date earlier than the movement date or date received (DOD/DOR). These records cannot be processed by CHEP. Also restrict CHEP export files to a maximum of 500 records (this limit removed again in 2.84b). Thanks to Carol Eberand @ CHEP Australia for assistance.
23. Export Data & Import Data forms: The 3rd Party movements export file has an updated format with the Cancelled field now included.
24. Import Data form: Importing movements to/from excess is set up for CHEP ZE9D files.
25. Import Data form: When importing rejections and corrections and the other trading partner account number has been specified for multiple 3rd parties, look up the original movement and use that 3rd party. Similarly look up the original movement for the location trading partner when the 3rd party does not have an internal TP. These measures reduce the number of 'unknown' 3rd party and 'unknown' location records in the Imported Movements form. Thanks to Loren Kinna @ Repco for this suggestion.
26. Import Data form: Zero-quantity bills are no longer created automatically when importing. Previously equipment items had to be made inactive to prevent clogging up the Bills form with 'empty' bill records.
27. Trading Partners form: A new field called 'Special TP' has been added. It is used to identify recognised suppliers ("CHEP", "Loscam", etc.), the 'unknown' location, the 'unknown' 3rd party, and black hole trading partners "Lost pallets" and "Suspended pallets". This field replaces various fields in the Trading Partners form and various settings in the Customise form.
28. Trading Partners form: Previously a location could not be changed to a 3rd party if there were stocktake counts. Now it is allowed, after warning that stocktake counts will be deleted.
29. Trading Partners form: The list of rej/corr notes for CHEP have been standardised across South-east Asia. A button has been added that resets rej/corr notes to the default list as well. Thanks to Bruce Abdul-Rauf @ CHEP Australia for assistance.
30. TP Stock Levels report: For the aged reports, an option has been provided to apply Sent/Received separately. Previously only the net Quantity of a movement could be applied to earlier opposite exchanges. This provides more accurate aged balances. Sent and Received are effectively treated as separate movements when this option is selected. Note this feature does not apply to redeemed movements - when redeeming the 'aging' date is provided by the linked movement and this can only be based on the net quantity. Thanks to Elizabeth Moyes @ Linfox for this suggestion.
31. Equipment Stock Levels report: Delayed transfers have been removed from the report. This report is primarily designed for closed equipment pools where there are no transfers, and therefore no delayed transfers.
32. Unredeemed Movements & Untraced Movements reports: An option to filter by the Location TP has been added to these reports. Thanks to Carolyn McPherson @ Rand Transport for this suggestion.
33. Rejections/Corrections: Substantially improved the speed of emailing them when there are many to send. Thanks to Mick Atlee @ Hi-Trans Express for assistance.
34. General: Setting up users and logging into the application made compulsory.